- 1 head of kale, chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green or yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 can of black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare all vegetables as stated, washed and diced. Combine in a large salad bowl. Mix salad dressing ingredients. Whisk prior to pouring over salad mixture. Let sit at least overnight.Note: This salad tastes better the longer it sits, and can be used for up to 3 days.
Serves 6-8 people as a side dish
Source: Thanks to Roberta Pitt for being the inspiration behind this recipe.